You can get involved, too. Come support your family and friends during this inspiring event as a volunteer. You will even receive a one-of-a-kind volunteer t-shirt to wear “on the job”.
We have volunteer opportunities on the following dates: September 29, 30 and October 1. Job descriptions are below.
Do you still have questions? Email Sue Connolly, Volunteer Coordinator. Thank you for your support!! Note: You will receive an electronic thank you note after your volunteer form is received, this is your confirmation. You will get follow up emails reminding you of your job as the date of the event draws near.
How do I volunteer?
Simple. Just fill out the form at the bottom of this page with your job preference, then click “submit”. Volunteer times and meeting places vary, so make sure the job fits your needs.
What if I'm new to volunteering?
If you don’t have a job preference and would like us to place you as needed, sign up for “general volunteering.
Can I sign up with a group?
Yes, we encourage it! We have college groups, scout troops and groups from different businesses volunteering. If you have a group of 10 or more, choose a group leader and have them check the “group” button when signing up.
How will I know if I got the job?
You will receive an immediate confirmation if your form went through, this indicates you are officially a volunteer! Save the date. You will get further directions two weeks prior to the event.
THURSDAY, September 29, 2016
- Site Set up: 5-7 p.m. – set up Health Expo
FRIDAY, September 30, 2016
- Site Set up: 10:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Report to the parkway near the Road Runner’s House. You will be assisting in moving tables, organizing food and setting up the stage.
- Health Expo at St. Luke’s Center – 501 Cetronia Road
- Set up the Health Expo: 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. You will move tables, set up registration, organize t-shirts, work at registration.
- Registration at the Health Expo: Hand out t-shirts, registration packets, direct people and sign up new participants.
- Early Shift: 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. Late Shift: 4:45-7:00 p.m.
- Outside Greeter: Responsible for directing people in the correct doors, greeting. Bring a coat!!!
- Early shift: 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Late shift: 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
Report to the Volunteer Check in Area on the site, Lehigh Parkway.
- Parking: 6:45 to 10:00 a.m. – Help direct cars into spaces, we need to fit as many cars as possible, you will get a safety vest for this job. You can report to the finish line when you are done, please indicate if you can on the form.
- Race day packet pick up: 7a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Hand out t-shirts and runner’s numbers the morning of the event.
- Food Set up and serving: 7:30 to 11:00 a.m. – Organize and set up food to be given to participants. Assist in moving people through the food lines at the end. Clean up boxes.
- Course Set up: 7:00 to 9:30 a.m. – Assist in placing signage, barricades, mile markers etc.
- Clothing Check: 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. – Take participants bags, clothing and organize it to be picked up after the event.
- Course Marshals: 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. – Keep the course safe for participants by keeping cars and pedestrians out of the way. Direct walkers and runners, some will be timers.
- Starting Line: 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. – Organize the starting area, direct participants, clear area.
- Water Stop: 8:45 to 11:00 a.m. – Give out water to runners and walkers, encourage and cheer.
- Finish Line: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. – Responsible for directing runners and walkers into the finish shoot, assist in removing the chip from participants.
- Exit Monitors: 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. – Assist in directing cars out of the parking area safely.
- Clean Up: 10:00 to 1:30 a.m. – You will be the last to leave! Keep an eye on trash cans, take signs down, pickup equipment, general clean up.